Event search filter drop-down list

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adnan Akbas 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have a search page with filter country so that users can select to search upcoming events in a specific country.

[event_search filters=”country”]

If there is no more an upcoming event for a country, this country still exists in the filter drop-down list.

It would be nice not to see this country if there is no more events there.

Is this a setting issue?

Adnan Akbas

Hi Adnan,

No, the countries are listed even when there’s not future events in that country. This is the same as with the other filters.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Do you have a hint for me, how I can remove these countries from the dropdown list if there is no event for this country?

Thanks in advance,

Adnan

Adnan Akbas

The code is in line 267 of includes/shortcode.php – essentially you would need to iterate over every country in $countries and query for events in that country. If there are none, then skip it.

An example query would be:

$future_uk_events = eo_get_events( array( 
           'venue_query' => array( 
                array(
                    'key' => '_country',
                    'value' => 'UK'
                )
            ),
            'event_start_after' => 'today'
     ));

(see http://docs.wp-event-organiser.com/querying-events/getting-events-via-venue-queries/)

But this is not particular performant, as you are doing a query for each country

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

I am not really a fan of changing core files therefore I will leave the countries in the dropdown list for now.

Thank you for your support.

Adnan Akbas
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.