Event-list shortcode to include Organiser (WP Username) linking to their Website

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Event-list shortcode to include Organiser (WP Username) linking to their Website

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki Taylor 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve started managing a website long using Event Organiser, but with manually maintained course lists. I’m working on replacing those with shortcode-generated lists.

The hand-made lists always include the course convener (%event_organiser%) name linked to their bio URL so I want to replicate that.

As alluded to here – https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/reply/23950/ – in WordPress Users data there is an optional Website field. Perfect! But I’m not very code-clue-ful, so I need step-by-step advice to get the User’s Website value into my list shortcode.

So far I have this: [eo_events event_category="introduction-course" showpastevents="false"]<a href="%event_url%">%event_title%</a>&nbsp; %start{jS M}% - %end{jS M Y}% led by <a href="%but-I-need-Users-Website-value-in-here%">%event_organiser%</a>[/eo_events]

I’m amazed there isn’t already a shortcode to make this straightforward! What’s the name of this plugin?!

Anyway, I really hope someone can advise me!

Thanking you in anticipation! Vicki

Vicki Taylor

Hi Vicki,

I’ve added %event_organiser_url% – please update to 3.12.0 and then try:

[eo_events event_category="introduction-course" showpastevents="false"]<a href="%event_url%">%event_title%</a>&nbsp; %start{jS M}% - %end{jS M Y}% led by <a href="%event_organiser_url%">%event_organiser%</a>[/eo_events]

Stephen Harris

Stephen, that is absolute magic!
    It works like a charm!
    You’ve made my day… week… year!
    Thank you!!! 😀

Vicki Taylor
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.