Event list navigation by months

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Todd Munro 6 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I am setting up a page with an event list by current using the shortcode

[eo_events event_start_before=”last day of this month” event_start_after=”first day of this month” showpastevents=true ]

I would really like to have a navigation at the top preferably a next month and previous month to continue showing a full list of each month. I see the full calendar has headerLeft=’prev,next today’ as an attribute.<br />
    I just am not sure how to start. Is the shortcode-event-list.php template the right one to modify or a custom template? And what query could be used to accomplish this?

I have used the code for the single-event.php template found here https://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/next-and-prev-event-link/ and it suits my need for a single event navigation. But the list seems more complex.

I am testing things out here:

development page

Thanks!

Todd

Todd Munro

Hi Todd,

That is the right template, but the event list shortcode is just a static list. You would need to do a lot of work (javascript to listen to the user’s clicks and request next/previous month, PHP endpoint to return the data/HTML and then javascript to render the result) to make it dynamic.

However the fullcalendar shortcode supports a list view:

[eo_fullcalendar defaultView="listMonth"]

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen,

I will look further into it, but I think I will try go with a simpler pagination full page refresh without the months buttons the list just next and previous 10 events or so. I like the look of the list or archive better.

I am using WPML so it has problems with ajax calls even with regular WordPress post calls with pagination sometimes when switching to the different language. The one drawback with that plugin.

Your plugin works perfect with WPML otherwise and am very happy for that.

Have a good weekend!

Todd

Todd Munro
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.