Event Feed Missing Some Events

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Beth Moeller 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Our clients love the export and feed url capabilities now, but we are having an issue.

Events that are configured as a Custom Reoccurrence do not appear on certain calendars when using the Events ICAL feed URL. I tested this through multiple WordPress installs and multiple versions of Event Organiser including the Pro version.

Google Calendar seems to work correctly, events that are setup as custom reoccurrences display properly.

Outlook (2013, 2010, and 2007 tested) does not show events that are setup as a custom reoccurrence, though it shows all other types of events.

iCal (as well as iPad Calendar) seems to only show the very first occurrence (start/end date) for events that are setup as custom reoccurrence.

When Recurrence is set to once, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly events show correctly through all calendars without issue. This issue only appears when reoccurrence is set to custom.

Is this a known issue and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Beth Moeller

Hi Beth,

I’ll look into that. You mention that non-custom occurrences display correctly on iPad & outlook. Do you happen to know if that’s true even when a recurring events has additional dates added, or some removed via the date include/exclude picker?

Stephen Harris

If we change reoccurrence from custom to weekly and add or remove some dates using the Include/Exclude Occurrences everything works as it should in Google Calendar AND Outlook (2013).

The iPad (iOS 7.0.4) doesn’t show all events however, when reoccurrence is set to weekly events will only show on days of the week I have checked off even if other days have been included using the Include/Exclude Occurrences picker. Same for daily, if set to anything other than 1 day only events that land on those numbered days will show. If set to custom only the very first occurrence will show.

Beth Moeller

Hi Beth,

It seems iOS doesn’t handle any added dates: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/68535/does-os-x-calendar-nee-ical-support-rdate (included dates are specified by RDATE in the iCal feed).

I’ve not tested Outlook yet, but at least anecdotally it seems Outlook doesn’t support events which just have custom occurrences: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-calendar-help-dataapi/oXr9xEfrLxo

Stephen Harris

Thanks! We have sent our client a temporary work around for this issue. They don’t have many custom events.

Beth

Beth Moeller
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.