Event date/time/location not showing with default templates

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Event date/time/location not showing with default templates

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sangenuer 11 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

When I had templates enabled in my EO settings all the information was displayed correctly on the individual event’s page but the overall events page (with the thumbnails) looked wonky. But when I disable templates, the events page with the thumbnails looks nice but the individual pages lose the time/date/location. All that shows up is the event description. The sidebar widget is displaying correctly no matter which way I have templates set.

I thought that by disabling templates everything would be okay, since then it’s using EO’s own templates. But apparently I’ve missed something? My site can be found at http://www.cmhomeschool.org. I currently have templates disabled.

Thanks!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

If you disable the templates then Event Organiser does nothing to the front-end in terms of the templates. As such, unless your theme has specified how to display events, or you add that in yourself, event details will not be shown.

If you enable templates, the plug-in provided default templates will be used – unless your theme provides its own template – which will over-ride the default ones. But, the default templates won’t work with every theme (they can’t) – or you may just want to edit the templates – in both cases you can do this by adding the appropriate templates to your theme.

See this page for more information: http://wp-event-organiser.com/documentation/editing-the-templates/

Hope that helps!

Stephen Harris

Got it – thanks!

sangenuer
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.