Event creators able to manage events, download registration lists, accept pay

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Event creators able to manage events, download registration lists, accept pay

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AlphaSmith 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

One of the most critical things for us in using this great plugin, is for an event CREATOR to be allowed permission to manage their OWN events (without managing the events of OTHERS). Much as authors can manage their own posts, but not mess with everyone’s posts.

They need to be able to create, publish, and edit. They need to be able to download registration lists and accept payment on their own paypal accounts, etc.

I think SOME of this works with the additional code you provided (haven’t been able to test it), but not all of it. Can you let me know about this?

AlphaSmith

With regards to publishing / editing (their own) events,this is already possible via the Permissions tab in Settings > Event Organiser.

Currently only admins can view bookings, set gateway account details and download booking data. I’m hoping to add (in Pro 1.5) further capability options that will enable admins to allow an event organiser to view/edit/download bookings for their event.

(They will still be able to see the entire bookings table on the bookings admin page, much in the same way authors can see all posts by other uses. But they won’t be able to edit, or view the individual booking’s admin screen. Some details may be hidden)

The added capabilities are likely to be:

• “Manage bookings” (defaults to those who can edit events)
    • “Manage others’ bookings” (defaults to those who can ‘manage options’ (admins) )
    Stephen Harris

Stephen, that would resolve this issue for me. As it stands, I have to manage all the backend bookings for everyone else and I don’t have the time! When they can do it themselves it will be a huge help.

Thank you. This is a great plugin and your responsiveness to issues is exemplary.

AlphaSmith
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.