event category

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Willem Habers 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I cannot add an new event category to the category-list. How do I do that?

Willem Habers

Which category list are you referring to? Do you mean you can’t assign a new category to an event, or you can’t create a new category?

What happens when you try? Do you get an error message, or can you not access the admin page to do so?

Stephen Harris

I can’t create a new category.
    Can’t access the admin page, to do so.

Willem Habers

Does “Categories”, appear under the Events menu, if so, what happens if you try to access it?

If not, if you go to Settings > Event Organiser > Permissions – is “Manage event categories and tags” selected for your user’s role?

Stephen Harris

Categories doesn’t appear under the Events-menu.
    When I go to settings>Event Organiser> Permisssions “Manage event categories and tags” isn’t selected, though i am the Administrator.

Willem Habers

That’s odd. Do you have any a permission-editing plug-ins activated, this may have changed that. As you have probably noticed, the administrator’s settings cannot be changed – this will probably change in a future update.

What you can try in the first instance is deactivating (not uninstalling) the plug-in and reactivating it. You will not loose any data, but the adminstrator’s capabilities should be re-instated.

Stephen Harris

Thanks!
    Problem solved!
    Greetings and have a nice evening!
    Willem

Willem Habers
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.