EU-VAT handling

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have an IMPORTANT request for the Event Organiser VAT plugin (I’ve got the Event Organiser Pro and I rely heavily on it)

Would it be possible to add the following functionality: If the user profile contains a non-empty field called “vat_nr” (or anything else you find reasonable), then the VAT portion of the booking form is not applied.

In other words, I would like to have a functionality similar to your own purchase form. As far as I can see, you probably use the SOAP API to the VIES database in order to verify the submitted VAT number immediately. For me it would be probably too much, since I can manually check the VIES website – that gives me not only the confirmed EU_VAT number, but also customer data for the invoice. Then, I can also put the “vat_nr” entry into the “usermeta” table by hand.

I think it’s the easiest way to go, because this table is always present and there are other numerous plugins for editing additional user fields.

What is very important to me is to make your VAT plugin aware of that.

Best regards — Jarek Milewski, Warsaw

Jaroslaw

Hi Jaroslaw,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I agree that not allowing a VAT number to be entered, and thus zero-rating the VAT. I’ve made a quick update here: https://github.com/stephenharris/Event-Organiser-VAT/tree/feature/vat-number-field – I’ll be in touch with the .zip of the update.

It allows you to add an “VAT number” field to the booking form (under Advanced in the Booking form customiser). When a valid VAT number is entered it will remove VAT from the booking.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.