Edit venue button on event

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen
    It would be very useful to have a button to edit a venue on the event details box of an event. Currently you have to find it in your venue list which can be frustrating when you have 100+ venues as we do. Even something very basic that just opened the venue in a new tab would be handy.

The reason for this is I often find the Google API doesn’t get the address quite right from the details I enter. On our previous site I would enter the co-ordinates from Google maps right-click “What’s here” function when this happened. Since they have removed that in the latest maps that’s no longer an option.

Trying to move the location marker on the events page pans the map, the only place to actually move the marker is on the Venue page.

Cheers
    Stuart

Stuart Farish

If you click onto the venue from the event’s page, you should be able to click on ‘Edit Venue’ in the admin toolbar. Alternatively you could add a link in the template:

if( eo_get_venue() && current_user_can( 'manage_venues' ) ){
        echo get_edit_term_link ( eo_get_venue(), 'event-venue', 'event' );
     }
    Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.