Disable Venue Map

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I spend a lot of time waiting when I try to both open/edit a single Event and update it. I’ve noticed that the status bar will show “waiting for csi.gstatic.com.” I’m wondering if this message has to do with displaying the Google map for the venue and, if so, if you’ve tried to disable the display of the map to see if performance improves.

I think it may be worth looking into. If I’m selecting a venue from the dropdown (or keeping the existing venue), I really don’t have a need to see the map anyway. To me, it seems like the call to get the map just slows everything down. Maybe you could add an option to enable/disable the map display.

Thanks for your consideration.

Brian O’Neill

Yes, please add the option to disable the venue maps completely! Just add “Map provider: None” to the options. Very frustrating this isn’t an option.

It should also be an option to disable it in just the admin.

I have removed eo_get_venue_map from the template, and the JS still loads. It even loads on the calendar and search pages unnecessarily. Please don’t enqueue the map JS unless it’s needed. Because it loads in the footer, it doesn’t need to be enqueued until eo_get_venue_map is called, for instance.

Greg Perham

This is scheduled for the 3.9.0 release.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.