Disable Map Controls

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ardin Beech 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to disable the map controls in the google maps? i’ve tried zoomcontrol=”false” etc in the shortcode but nothing. Do i need to put the commands in the plugin php itself somewhere?

Ardin Beech

I’d like to hide all of them, if possible.

Ardin Beech

You can just add it straight into the shortcode, but get rid of the quotes ie use zoomcontrol=false

See this page of the documentation for all the options.

Dario

It should also work with the double quotes. The following turns pretty much everything off:

[eo_venue_map venue="fountain-park" height="500px" zoomcontrol="false" streetviewcontrol="false" overviewmapcontrol="false" rotatecontrol="false" overviewmapcontrol="false" maptypecontrol="false" pancontrol="false"]

Note if you are using shortcodes in the visual editor, be sure that the attribute names are not in bold/italic as this does seem to cause problems.

Stephen Harris

I’m adding to code straight to the header with the php echo do_shortcode command. none of the map commands seem to work, however event commands (event_start_before=”next monday”) and width/height etc do.

Basically, i want to use the event map to replace the standard image slider on the site.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by  Ardin Beech.
    Ardin Beech

That also works for me:

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[eo_venue_map ... ]' );?>

But there’s a better (more effecient) way of displaying a map in the template pages: http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/function-eo_get_venue_map.html

E.g.

<?php echo eo_get_venue_map(
          array( 'london-eye', 'edinburgh-castle' ),
          array(
            'zoomcontrol' => false, 
            'streetviewcontrol' => false,
            'height' => "500px"
           )
     ); ?>

So when you try do_shortcode() /eo_get_venue_map() – what happens? Does the map appear, but the options do not take effect? Does the map not apear? How / where are you using those functions?

Stephen Harris

I’m editing the header file in the wordpress editor, and pasting this in, so it replaces the image slider:

<?php echo do_shortcode(‘[event_map event_start_before=”next monday” showpastevents=”false” zoomcontrol=false streetviewcontrol=”false” overviewmapcontrol=”false” rotatecontrol=”false” overviewmapcontrol=”false” maptypecontrol=”false” pancontrol=”false” width=”100%” height=”300px”]’); ?>

Map displays fine, but so do all the controls. It’s not the end of the world if they can’t be disabled. Just thought it would look cleaner.

Ardin Beech

Removing all the quotes makes no difference.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by  Ardin Beech.
    Ardin Beech

Ah, you’re using the event map. Just found that there is a bug with using the (boolean) map properties with that shortcode. I’ll release an update shortly, but the fix is fairly simple. In includes/shortcodes.php near the top of the function _eventorganiser_event_map_shortcode_handler(), (line 318), add the following:

//Cast options as boolean:
    $bool_options = array('tooltip','scrollwheel','zoomcontrol','rotatecontrol','pancontrol',
           'overviewmapcontrol','streetviewcontrol','draggable','maptypecontrol');
    foreach( $bool_options as $option  ){
        if( isset( $atts[$option] ) )
            $atts[$option] = ( $atts[$option] == 'false' ? false : true );
    }

Those attributes should then work for you.

Stephen Harris

Yes! You’re amazing! Thanks.

Ardin Beech
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.