Date drop down menu for reoccuring events

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Date drop down menu for reoccuring events

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laurence Manchee 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

It is a little awkward for users to select the date as the drop-down menu is lower than the tickets.

And on the mobile phone, you cant even really see the date drop-down menu in full.

Is there a way to make the drop-down menu for date selection appear above the ticket selection?

example: https://www.keelayogafarm.com/events/event/permaculture-design-course-2/

thanks a million
    Laurence

Laurence Manchee

Hi Laurence,

Yes this is possible, but it’ll require some familiarity with PHP and HTML.

You’ll need to make the changes to event-organiser-pro/templates/eo-ticket-picker.php. But I would recommend copying the file to your theme and making the changes there (the plug-in should use the file in the template). That way your changes will survive a plugin update.

First remove the row span (in line 35):

rowspan=<?php echo count( $tickets ) + 4; 

and take out the ‘date’ header (line 24):

<td class='eo-booking-date'> <?php esc_html_e( 'Date', 'eventorganiserp' ); ?> </td>

That moves the date selection to the top. You could also just remove the Date header and move the date selection row out of the table.

Stephen Harris

Thank you. I managed to do this, and it is much better now.

I Appreciate your help

Laurence Manchee
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.