Custom occurence calendar view

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m working with Pro version 1.3.2 in group occurrence mode/setting. I have setup multiple course events with custom dates. However, the calendar is not showing the exact custom dates and they all overrun, so you end up with a saturated calendar view 🙁

How can I get the calendar view to show just the custom dates only for the corresponding events/courses?

Regards
    Jason

jasonb

Hi Jason,

Is this the fullCalendar or the widget Calendar? The fullCalendar will show long occurrences by the event spanning the dates on which the event occurs. The widget calendar will on the other hand only show the start date of each occurrence unless otherwise specified in the widget settings.

If you’re using the events calendar on the the event’s page, and you only want to show the dates for which that event occurs. This is possible, but only via template tags. I’ll look into making this possible for the short-code too.

The following can be used in a single-event.php or event-meta-single-event.php templates to display a calendar of dates on which that event occurs. (Requires EO 2.2.2+)

//Display fullCalendar but only show dates for this event.
     $occurrence_ids = array_keys( eo_get_the_occurrences_of() );
     echo eo_get_event_fullcalendar( array( 'event_occurrence__in' => $occurrence_ids ) );

See this page for more details on the arguments for eo_get_event_fullcalendar()

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Hope you are well. I concur, the widget is working as expected and great!

• The problem occurs within full calender view. I have a pre-themed page including a shortcode to full calendar view:

[eo_fullcalendar headerLeft=’prev,next today’ headerCenter=’title, category’ headerRight=’month,agendaWeek’]

Q. How do I remove spanning dates in full calendar view via shortcode?

If you would like to view the actual page to see the problem, I could email you the staging site link.

Regards
    J

jasonb

Hi Stephen,

Have you had chance to review this issue with full calendar view ?

I cannot seem to get spanning dates to not show in full calendar view.

Thanks
    Jason

jasonb

Hi Jason,

Sorry I haven’t responded sooner. Generally speaking its not possible to show only the start date – but a ‘hack’ would be to tell the calendar the event started on the same day:

add_filter( 'eventorganiser_fullcalendar_event', 'jason_set_event_end_to_start', 10, 3 );
    function jason_set_event_end_to_start( $event, $event_id, $occurrence_id ){
        $event['end'] = $event['start']; 
        return $event;
    }

Keep in mind the calendar is cached, so you may need to flush that first by, for example, saving an event.

Stephen Harris

Hey Stephen,

Excellent, that seems to have done the trick. Loving the plug-in and many thanks for your assistance in resolving this problem.

Regards
    J

jasonb

No problem, you’re welcome 🙂

Stephen Harris
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.