custom form – no more booking possible

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question custom form – no more booking possible

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

i have the pro-version and set up a custom form (example here: http://dev.ml-trainings.de/termine/salesleaders-2/).
    But with the custom form I always get errors that i should fill in all mandatory fields and that the tickets are not available. – both wrong.
    Any ideas?

Furthermore I am really unhappy with the division of the first name, last name and email – but i think there is no chance to have a neat coherent form before version 1.8.

What I cannot understand absolutely though – why is the last name not mandatory? It really should be and I have to have the last name filled in – otherwise how should you handle invoicing?

A lot of questions – I hope you can help.

Thanks.
    Edith

edith mayerhofer

Hi Edith,

I’m very sorry to hear you’re having problems with the plug-in. I’ve tried placing a booking on that dev site, and I wasn’t able to replicate the problem. I had noticed there were no custom fields, so is this only a problem when you add additional fields? If so, is there a link to an event which is experiencing these problems?

Furthermore I am really unhappy with the division of the first name, last name and email – but i think there is no chance to have a neat coherent form before version 1.8.

That is true – and 1.8 is currently in beta (and has been for a few weeks). If you’d like me to help you update the plug-in to 1.8 while it’s in beta then I’d be happy to do that, (and ensure there aren’t any issues). Additionally you’ll be able to ensure the last name is required. (This isn’t done by default, as a lot of users don’t make use of it).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your quick answer. I am sorry about your testing – I was working at the same time on this page so the default form was on. But any other event has the customized form e.g. http://dev.ml-trainings.de/termine/das-neue-hardselling-verkaufen-heist-verkaufen-teil-2-4

Your offer to update to 1.8. sounds quite good to me. Otherwise I think I would have to make a bunch of customization by myself. If I can avoid it, I would be happy.

There are further issues which I have to solve… maybe something else is covered by 1.8. too…

1. I need the custom form fields in the confirmation mail to the website owner (btw…. German translation of this mail is terrible and I couldn´t find this translation in the German .po file. Where is it?).

2. Payments will be made offline. So I need a confirmation to the bookee before payment, immediately after sending the form.

3. I have to pass at least one hidden field with the booking form.

Please let me know how we can proceed.

Thanks! Edith

• This reply was modified 9 years, 9 months ago by  edith mayerhofer.
    edith mayerhofer

Hi Edith,

Can you confirm what version of Pro you are using. From immediately looking at the form I have a suspicion what the issue is, but this was fixed in the latest version of Pro (1.7.3). If you are using that, then I’ll continue testing.

I need the custom form fields in the confirmation mail to the website owner ….

The message to the site admin is is currently hardcoded, but does include the added fields. The .po file is wp-content/event-organiser-pro/languages. I have noticed some errors regarding the translation of the text which will need to be corrected. The body of the e-mail is generated in includes/booking-actions.php (eventorganiser_notify_confirmed_booking() and eventorganiser_notify_new_booking()).

Payments will be made offline. So I need a confirmation to the bookee before payment, immediately after sending the form.

You can do this a la Sending an email after an offline booking. As noted in the tutorial there will be an option for this in a future release. (Probably 1.9, or 1.10).

I have to pass at least one hidden field with the booking form.

There’s an API available which allows you to do this for 1.7+

function my_add_field( $form, $event_id ){    

$element = new EO_Booking_Form_Element_Hidden( array(
            'id'    => '_my_hidden_field', //a unique ID
            'value' => 'The value of the hidden field'
        ));
        //Add the field element, optionally specify where
        $form->add_element( $element, array( 'at' => 1 ) );
    }
    add_action( 'eventorganiser_get_event_booking_form', 'my_add_field', 10, 2 );

In all the above, any required code snippets should live in a dedicated plug-in. They can live in the theme’s functions.php, but this will create extra work whenever you decide to change the theme. You should avoid making changes to the core plug-in, as these will be lost when you update the plug-in.

Regarding the 1.8. update, I’ll be in touch in the next few days.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

actually I have 1.7.2. – there was no notification of an update though… sorry for that.
    I will try to install the 1.7.3. or shall I wait for 1.8 ?

edith mayerhofer

there was no notification of an update though…

That would be my fault. I pushed out an update without triggering the notifications.

I’d recommend updating to 1.7.3 for the time being.

Stephen Harris

might be a stupid question… but where can I download 1.7.3.?

edith mayerhofer

You should be able to download from within your WordPress site. However, it may take a few hours for the notification to come through.

Alternatively you can log-in to http://wp-event-organiser.com/my-account and view/download your purchase history (the download is for the latest stable release), and then update via FTP.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, I have successfully updated to 1.7.3. and at least custom booking form is working now – how shall we proceed for 1.8 beta?

edith mayerhofer

There is another strange thing… in booking_actions.php is the following:

if( !$tickets ){ $form->add_error( ‘invalid_tickets’, __( ‘You have not selected any tickets’, ‘eventorganiserp’ ) );

“You have not selected any tickets” doesn´t show up in the .po file though and cannot be translated. I cannot find out why…

Even the confirmation message on the site after successful booking is not translated.
    “Thank you for your booking. You shall receive an e-mail containing your tickets once we have confirmed payment”

Do I miss something?

edith mayerhofer

Are you using Poedit? The .po files aren’t actively maintained, so they might be out of date. In Poedit you can click Catalogue > Update from POT and then select the appropriaet .pot file (event-organiser-pro/languages/eventorganiserp.pot).

Though that particular string I believe has been there from 1.0 so it should be there. (It’s certainly in the .pot file).

I’ve just sent you an e-mail regarding 1.8.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,
    oh yes… they are definitely out of date. I am updating the whole .po File now.
    If you would like the German translation as soon as I have done, please let me know.

edith mayerhofer

Thanks Edith,

That would be great 🙂

Stephen Harris
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.