Choose payment gateway on Booking Form

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Choose payment gateway on Booking Form

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Would it be possible to make the choice of payment gateway available from the Gateway picker – ID: gateway field? So that different booking forms can be set to have different payment gateways.

Kim Harding

Hi Kim,

I’ve implemented something similar to this as a custom plug-in. I’d be happy to share it with you if you think it would work for you. Rather than set the available gateways from within a booking form, it is configured on an event by event basis using a custom field.

The UX isn’t great: you enter the name of the gateways in a comma-separated listed into a custom field for the event, and the gateway is available for that event if it’s enabled in the gateway settings and also included in that list for that event.

I will, however, consider making it possible to configure the available gateways at the booking form level.

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen, I wouldn’t mind giving the custom plug-in a try and seeing how well it would work with what I have in mind.

Kim Harding

Hi Kim,

Just sent you the plug-in

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Could you remind me how to use this again?

I have two different courses, one aimed at the professionals which need to have the option of offline (invoiced) payments and credit card booking via Stripe.

The other course is aimed at the general public who only need the credit card booking via Stripe.

I can’t seem to remove the offline gateway on the event page for the general public. The two courses use different booking forms.

Thanks.

Kim Harding

Hi Kim,

With that plugin I sent you you should add a custom field to the event with key event_gateways and the ID of the gateway you want enabled for that event as the value (one key-value pair for each gateway).

Gateway IDs are:

• paypal
    • stripe
    • authorize_net
    • ideal-mollie

If an event has no values stored against event_gateways, then it will default to all the enabled gateways being available for that event.

Stephen Harris

That’s what I thought it was, however, even though I only have one gateway listed both appear on the booking page.

custom field setting

Gateways showing on the web page

Kim Harding

Hi Kim,

I’ve just checked this an its working for me. Could you post a link to a screenshot to the event custom field – the one above didn’t come through.

Stephen Harris

Sorry I will try that again

enter image description here

enter image description here

Kim Harding

Doesn’t look as if that worked either, try

Screenshot1

Screenshot2

Kim Harding

Hi Kim,

I’ll email you.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.