Changing the output of eo_fullcalendar

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Changing the output of eo_fullcalendar

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen Harris

First I’d like to say, thank you, its a fantastic plugin.

I am using <?php echo do_shortcode('[eo_fullcalendar]'); ?> to display the calendar on a home page, the width of the div is 250px as I only want it compact.

The obvious issue I have come across that it has made the calendar boxes small and then made the events squashed –

So, what I would like to do is remove the description and keep the hover (with the description), then add a background colour to the event day based on the category, I have three different categories, each with a unique colour –

Any help would be of great assistance.

Thanks

Andy

Andy

Hi Andy,

You can use eo_get_fullcalendar() instead!

Unfortunately, out of the box, there is no way of hiding the event on the calendar. If you wanted to dig through the code yourself, the output of the fullCalendar is done entirely via the minified version of this javascript file.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply.

If I use <?php eo_get_fullcalendar(); ?> nothing gets displayed, I tried it with php echo also.

I am using a plain theme, no plugins installed.

I’ve had a look at the minified javascript for most of the day, I just can’t find where it calls the content – I think the lines where I need to be altering are between 65 – 70.

For ease of me trying to sort this, how and where do I swap from the minified to the full js version, its a bit easier to read for a non JS person!…

Sorry for bothering you on a Sunday and I appreciate it.

Thanks

Andy

Andy

I’ve just found that if I use <?php echo eo_get_event_fullcalendar(); ?> that works if thats ok?

Andy

Oops, yes, you need to print what is returned!

If that works, great! Using the function rather than the shortcode when in page templates is recommended anyway.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.