Calendar widget improvements

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ahto 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

First of all, thank you for the plugin. 🙂 It’s by far the best — and I’ve been testing out quite a few for the past week.

Few notes tough:
    — Would be more intuitive and informative, if the calendar widget highlighted all the days a several day event is occuring on. Not only the day it starts on.
    — Right now I can’t find a way to control whether the widget considers current events past or not. It seems to default to events being past after they finish which is fine. But since the corresponding option on the main settings page is being described to control among other things ‘calendars’ — which I consider the calendar widget to be — it keeps confusing me as to why there’ actually no way to control the widget.

ahto

Yup, I think multi-day support on the widget calendar would be helpful. Would require some re-factoring of the widget code. I think I omitted multi-day originally due to personal taste – but its been requested a couple of times in various places.

As for the second point – that’s how it is at the moment because the widget calendar only displays start dates. This would change with multi-day support in the widget calendar.

Stephen Harris

Oh, and thank you 🙂

Stephen Harris

Bringing over parts from here. I opened the original thread to point out what I still think is a bug, but as you went on to explane the background, it started to relate more to this discussion.

The day archive is for events starting on that day.
    My original reasoning is that the day archives I linked to by the
    widget calendar – so if clicking on one day shows events that started
    on another, this can be a bit confusing.
    (The same is true for months and years, if an event crosses a
    month/year boundary – i.e. starts in one, ends in the next it will
    only appear for the month/year in which it starts).

I think the option to select whether an event is consideread past after it starts and whether to show past events gives one all the control over this. Whichever way it makes sense to anyone.
    Or there could be the one option to have events shown only by the starting date — the way you have described it and the way it’s working at the moment — in which case one could only choose whether to show past events and duration of events is not considered at all — they will cut off after the starting date/month/year. And then anatoher option to have events shown by duration in which case they will show up whenever occurring and whether considered to be ‘past’ or not.

ahto
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.