Calendar View Event Greyed Out & Event Page Not Loading

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Calendar View Event Greyed Out & Event Page Not Loading

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Two issues that emerged yesterday. Nothing has been done to the WP install, themes or plugins before this started.

Issue 1:

In the WP dashboard, when we click on “Calendar View”, then click on an event, the screen is entirely greyed out similar to when an AJAX form is launched, but I can’t click on “Event Details,” “Bookings,” “Edit Event,” or “Delete Event.”

In fact to do anything I have to refresh the URL.

This is happening on multiple computers, multiple browsers, in multiple locations. Plugin is updated to most current PRO version and is not throwing out any other errors. Bookings can be viewed clicking on the “Bookings” link and sorting, but the client is very used to doing things this way.

Issue 2:
    The page here (https://frontierprecision.com/events/event/1-2-or-3-day-survey-training-opportunity-trimble-certified-training-boise-id) starts to load, them becomes inactive.

Marv Dorner

Hi Marv,

(1) This should have been fixed with 3.7.1. Have you updated?

(2) Appears to be a Google maps timeout. I’ve had a second user report a similar issue. Could you enable SCRIPT_DEBUG in your wp-config.php? https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#SCRIPT_DEBUG

Stephen Harris

I updated and that fixed the first issue.

I have turned on debugging in wp-config.

Marv Dorner
    Marv Dorner

Anything else you need from me to attempt to figure out what is happening?

Marv Dorner

Hi Marv,

I’ve been able to reproduce this now. It appears to be a conflict with the Yoast SEO plug-in. If you are able to temporarily disable that and confirm that, that would be great. As a temporary workaround you can also switch to OpenStreetMap in Settings > Event Organiser > General.

Stephen Harris

Confirmed it works with Yoast deactivated. Just ran the Yoast plugin upgrade, and that didn’t fix it.

OpenStreetMap works on Chrome, but not on Firefox or Edge.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by  Marv Dorner.
    Marv Dorner

Regarding, OpenStreetMap and Firefox/Edge – is that when Yoast’s plug-in is installed?

Stephen Harris

Yes. Just when Yoast is active.

Marv Dorner

Thanks for your help Marv, I’ve identified the bug. There’ll be a release later today.

If you wish to fix it yourself immediately, the fix can be found here. (Please note you will need to replace the contents of frontend.min.js with the edited copy of frontend.js, or enable SCRIPT_DEBUG (not recommended).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.