Bookings on an event are full even though no one has booked anything

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Bookings on an event are full even though no one has booked anything

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Stankey 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m running into something odd with EO. I have a judging event coming up where I’m scheduling two separate sessions for the judges (one from 11a-1p and the other session for 1p-3p) with up to 4 judges for each session. I’m setting each session up as a separate event.

For the first session there are no problems with volunteers selecting the event and RSVP’ing. If they select the second session EO tells them there are no bookings available.
    I’ve reviewed all the Bookings made and no one has reserved the second session. I’ve also removed and recreated the second session multiple times and get the same issue.

I know this works because we’ve had 3 events earlier this year where I followed the same process described above and had no issues.

Any thoughts?

Robert Stankey

Hi Robert,

What does the message on the second session say?

If its “This event has sold out” it could be because of any of the following:

• No tickets were created
    • There are no tickets ‘on sale’ (if you have set a sale period)
    • The tickets do not have a quantity set
    • The tickets have sold out

If its “Bookings are no longer available for this event” – its because the event has ended

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, thanks for the quick reply! I’m getting the “Booking are no longer….” message but no bookings for event in question show up in the “bookings” sidebar, and start/end dates are in the future.

Is there (potentially) something corrupted in the SQL database?

Robert Stankey

Hi Robert,

So that message appears if eo_get_schedule_last() return a date object earlier than ‘now’.

That in turn calls eo_get_event_schedule and uses the schedule_last key from the return array. That gets the last start date from event meta (wp_postmetadata table). Specifically the key _eventorganiser_schedule_last_start. So you should check the database for that key for that event.

Alternatively you could edit the eo-booking-form.php template in event-organiser-pro/templates to print out the date-time its returning.

My guess is that that key in the database is either been deleted or doesn’t exist. I’ve not come across this issue, but changing the event’s dates and resaving the event should update it. (Note, it’s not might not get updated if you don’t make changes to the event)

Stephen Harris

I added some echo statements to the template and got the following:

==== now 2020-12-11 08:33:09====
    ==== event_id 29853====
    ==== schedule_last 2020-12-12 14:00:00====

Based on this the schedule_last date hasn’t occurred yet. I’ve removed the event and re-added it several times to no avail. We can close this issue out since the event is tomorrow and if it happens again when we schedule events I’ll let you know.

Regards,
    Robert

Robert Stankey
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.