Booking deposits

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Shankie 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

Being able to specify a deposit for a booking would be an amazing feature. Perhaps it exists at the moment, but I couldn’t find it in the documentation.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Shankie

Hi Andrew,

This feature isn’t available currently. However, this is definitely something I’d be looking into (probably as a separate extension as most existing customers don’t seem to need this). Part of the road-map is improving the booking status API: that is, to allow additional booking status to be registered (e.g. ‘deposit-paid’, ‘tickets-sent’) that might more suitably represent the various stages a booking goes through. There won’t be a UI for this (though perhaps I’ll throw something together on the WordPress.org repository) – but a deposit extension would make use of this to distinguish bookings from ‘pending’ (unpaid) and ‘confirmed’ (paid).

There’s also some UI considerations (does the booking amount indicate the amount that should be paid in total, or the amount paid?) – these are being considered now due to a discount code extension that shall be available for beta shortly.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

That makes sense. I don’t think it necessarily needs a UI if, as you say, it’s not a commonly used feature.

I’d be keen to help beta test. The discount code extension will be of interest as well.

Andrew Shankie
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.