Appointment Scheduling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Is it possible and/or is anyone using EO to book appointments instead of selling tickets?

Dave Navarro

I’m not sure if its been attempted before, but I’ve been asked before whether I think it could work.

My inclination is no, but it depends on the context. For appointments to work you have to create an event (occurrence) for each slot. Events can’t repeat on the same day so you can only have one slot per day.

Additional event durations are prefined, the end user can’t specify the time or duration of the appointment beyond the options you give. (In case that is required buts that’s more for room rentals rather than appointments).

Creating a lot of event “appointment slots” is going to be less performant than slots being created as they are booked.

Events and appointments are subtly different problems. Using an events plugin might be fine, but equally you might find you’re constantly working against the plugin to make it do what you want. There are other plugins which specifically address appointments, I’d recommend going with those.

Lastly the language of the plugin would make it an awkward solution: when making an appointment I don’t expect to select a ticket

Stephen Harris

Is there a function that would allow me to check if an event is scheduled for a given date/time?

eo_is_event_exist( $date_time_to_check, $categories )

Then I could write my own code to add an event to the calendar if one does not already exist in the selected category(s).

I could then create two categories: “Appointments” and “Closed”. If there is no event for the given date/time in either category, I can then create the event from my own form.

Dave Navarro

You could just use eo_get_events() for the particular timeframe that you’re interested in. If it comes back empty, then there is not event. E.g.

$events = eo_get_events(array(
        'event_start_after' => '2017-10-18 20:50:00'
        'event_start_before' => '2017-10-18 20:50:00'
    ));

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.