Alternative Confirmation Email Address

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Alternative Confirmation Email Address

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

Firstly, congratulations on putting together such a useful plug-in!

Just purchased a Pro licence, but had a hopefully simple question regarding the confirmation email that is sent to site administrators when a visitor makes a booking.

I’ve noticed that this automatically goes to the default site admin email, but was wondering if this could be changed at at all, and if so how?

I will very much look forward to hearing from you with any thoughts you might have.

With best wishes,

Alex

Alex Stanhope

Hi Alex,

I’m glad you like the plug-in.

Changing the recipient of the booking notification is possible. There is no UI for changing it by default, but there are filters, and there is a freely available plugin which adds such a UI for changing it. Please see this page for details: http://docs.wp-event-organiser.com/bookings/notification-emails/

In particular:

function my_booking_notification_email( $emails, $booking_id ){
          $emails = array(
              'example@example.com', //you can specify multiple emails
          );
          return $emails;        
    }
    add_filter( 'eventorganiser_booking_notification_email', 'my_booking_notification_email', 10, 2 );

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for this, and both of the solutions suggested look absolutely spot on to me!

I did have a further question for you if that’s OK? As things stand, the booking email that the guest receives comes from the default WordPress admin email address. Based on this, I was wondering if there was any way of changing this using some kind of filter wizardry?

As always, I’d be hugely grateful for any thoughts you might have on this!

Alex

Alex Stanhope

Hi Alex,

Yes that’s possible too:

function my_event_admin_email( $email ){
          //Change $email;
          return $email;        
    }
    add_filter( 'eventorganiser_admin_email', 'my_event_admin_email' );

That actually changes the email addressed used by the plug-in, associated with the site admin. In practise, the only place it is used is as the default recipient of the admin’s booking notifications (which you have changed above).

Stephen Harris

Just to confirm, the admin e-mail mentioned above is also used for the ‘from’ address for confirmation email sent to the customer.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.