Allow users to add event to calendar?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Allow users to add event to calendar?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  barak kassar 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello.
    Loving plugin. Thanks for developing and updating and maintaining!
    Is it possible to add a link in an event page to allow users to add event to their calendar (w/o subscribing to entire calendar)
    Thanks so much
    -barak

barak kassar

You’re welcome, and thank you!

I think I’m right in saying that most iCal based calendar applications only allow you to subscribe to a calendar rather than add particular events. So a link to [event_link]/feed/eo-events would allow a user to subscribe to an event, e.g. http://wp-event-organiser.com/demo/events/event/live-football/feed/eo-events. But for recurring events this would subscribe them to all occurrences. There’s the additional problem that if that url changes, the event will probably be lost from their calendar (it depends on the calendar application).

Google calendar, however, does allow you to add a specific event (occurrence) to a user’s Google calendar: http://codex.wp-event-organiser.com/function-eo_get_add_to_google_link.html (which replaces the now deprecated eo_get_the_GoogleLink()). This is what the agenda widget uses.

If other calendar applications provide a means to add specific events to a user’s calendar then I would happily add functions for those those too.

Stephen Harris

Thank you.. continuing to experiment

barak kassar
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.