Adding a venue bug

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Iurii Smuglov 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

There is something with venue adding. Sometimes, when i’m pressing save venue button after filling data – nothing happens, but it creates a venue with new venue name, and that venue is empty. And it breaks the loop, cuz i’m using metafields for my loop. What can be wrong?

Iurii Smuglov

Hi lurii,

Have you been able to identify the steps to recreate this? If when creating a venue you add meta-data or a thumbnail, it inserts the venue in the database (as meta-data and thumbnail require a venue ID). Once you click save it should then update the information (venue name / details etc).

When you click ‘save venue’, do you simply remain on the same page, without the form submitting? You say this only happens sometimes, have you been able to identify when this happens and when it doesn’t (i.e. does this bug only occur if you create meta-data for the venue before saving it for the first time etc).

Stephen Harris

1) Click on Add venue button. It opens venue creation form.
    2) Click on Add thumbnail button – nothing happens (no page reload, no effects at all).
    3) Click on Add thumbnail button – Chrome gives me a popup with one word (Error) (And it creates all metafields in database. but with empty values maybe it happens on step 2)

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by  Iurii Smuglov.
    Iurii Smuglov

Oh, no. Those fields in DB are fields of other venues.
    Trouble is with adding a thumbnail as i see.

Iurii Smuglov
    Iurii Smuglov

Hi lurii,

When you click Add thumbnail button a modal should appear allowing you to select or upload a thumbnail image for the venue. If that’s not happening there’s likely a javascript issue. Try right click > inspect element > console (in Chrome atleast) and then refresh the page and trying clicking on the ‘Add thumbnail’ button. Do you get any error messages?

Also, what version of WP are you using?

Stephen Harris

Yes, modal window appears. Then i select image and click submit. Modal window dissapears, but no image adding.

Inspection – GET http://sitename.com/wp-admin/jquery-1.10.2.min.map 404 (Not Found)

WP – 3.6

Iurii Smuglov

Fixed that jquery problem. Now inspector shows me only css warnings. Can they affect on my problem?

Iurii Smuglov

Hi lurii, r.e the .map issue, see http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24994 (if you haven’t already 🙂 )

No CSS shouldn’t be an issue. Can you email admin access to your site so I can take a look?

Stephen Harris

Stephen, take a look at your inbox for admin access

Iurii Smuglov
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.