Add bookings to current users via admin

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Add bookings to current users via admin

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would like to give tickets to an event to current users and have it show up in the bookings section. It was simple for those not already users, I simply entered their info on the event page, cancelled out of the payment, then changed pending to complete.

When I tried this with current users it insists I be logged in as them. Not happening.

How can I give the current users tickets that will show up in the bookings?

Thanks for any help you can provide

Loreena Barklage

Hi Loreena,

Unfortunately it is not possible to that at this time.

The only way you can do this is to edit the database directly. In particular, bookings will be found in the wp_posts table. The ID of the booking will match the ID column, and you can change the post_author column to the ID of the desired user.

The ability to change users will be looked at for the 2.0.0 release.

Stephen Harris

Thank you for the update, Stephen!

If I understand correctly I could create a fake booking with a not-real email address then change the ID post_author in the wp_posts table…and otherwise not possible… correct?

They do not have a booking to edit, I was trying to add one. Basically I was trying to do an on-site registration that would give them a ticket for the event from my tablet.

Loreena Barklage

Hi Loreena,

I was thinking you would create the booking while logged in to your user account, and then simply change the post_author ID, but creating the booking with a fake e-mail instead.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.