A few ideas…

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have juste installed the Pro version and still testing it.

There are some features which may be interesting to get :

-Display if tickets remain available for a specific event based on the confirmed booked tickets. (Just show “complete” or display a breakdown of available types of tickets). Ideally this should be displayed in the event list [eo_events] tag.

-From the admin panel: possibility to book for an event on the behalf of a user. Useful for phone booking and offline payments

-Admin panel / list of bookings: For the pending bookings, for a better productivity, add booking confirmation link whitout having to open them individually. (We can cancel or edit a booking but not confirm it).

-Send a confirmation mail when a booking is in pending and when a pending booking is cancelled by the admin (Mails are actually sent only for confirmed bookings)

-Give the possibility to the user to cancel a booking with a field to let them explain the cancellation reason (even if it has already been approved)

-Possibility to duplicate an event (or a “Save as new” button when editing an event ?)

-Presence follow-up. Provide the possibility to the admin to flag the bookings of an event (have the bookees attended, got excused or did not come ?)

Hope this helps….

best regards,

Jeff

zwazo

Great suggestions Jeff,

Display if tickets remain available for a specific event based on the confirmed booked tickets. …

This will be in 1.3: I’ll be introducing a function for displaying ‘spaces’ remaining. And may consider a template tag for the event shortcode too.

From the admin panel: possibility to book for an event on the behalf of a user…

I like this idea: I’ll look into the best way to implement this, as ideally I’d like it to be possible to search user’s email / name / event title or event jump to a specific booking given its ID.

Admin panel / list of bookings: For the pending bookings, for a better productivity, add booking confirmation link whitout having to open them individually.

This something someone else has requested. I’m aiming to have this in 1.3. Though it’ll probably take the form of ‘bulk confirm’ (via the drop-down) to save space on the rows.

Send a confirmation mail when a booking is in pending

Again, something someone else requested, I also wrote this tutorial. But I hope to bring it into the core plug-in as an ‘offline gateway’ option.

…and when a pending booking is cancelled by the admin (Mails are actually sent only for confirmed bookings)

This is in the pipe-line, but I’ll write up a tutorial for how to add this. in the time being.

Give the possibility to the user to cancel a booking with a field to let them explain the cancellation reason…

This might work best as an add-on – since I’m not convinced that the vast majority of users wouldn want this (I could b be wrong) and I’m keen to avoid bloat. Also, ‘cancelling’ a booking involves deleting it permanently. I plan to support ‘trashing’ bookings in a later version, where I also plan to support custom status’ for bookings. The idea being that you could have a more complex workflow than pending -> confirmed (maybe pending -> payment confirmed -> tickets posted -> confirmed, for example)

Possibility to duplicate an event (or a “Save as new” button when editing an event ?)

I don’t plan to implement a ‘duplicate’ feature. The reason being is that you can effectively duplicate events by adding / removing occurrences. If you want an event which is almost identical to the given the one (but differs say in venue) you can always break that occurrence from the parent event. There are plug-ins which allow you to duplicate post types, but they’ve not been tested with EO.

Presence follow-up. Provide the possibility to the admin to flag the bookings of an event

This is another feature that might be best as an add-on. Its lower priority at the moment, but I will look at adding attendance logging.

Thanks for your suggestions – I look forward to implementing some of them for 1.3 :).

Stephen Harris

Possibility to duplicate an event (or a “Save as new” button when editing an event ?)

I don’t plan to implement a ‘duplicate’ feature. The reason being is that you can effectively duplicate events by adding / removing occurrences. If you want an event which is almost identical to the given the one (but differs say in venue) you can always break that occurrence from the parent event. There are plug-ins which allow you to duplicate post types, but they’ve not been tested with EO.

The Duplicate Post plug-in works fine for duplicating events as well as the usual posts and pages (but won’t duplicate venues, bookings, etc).

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by  Dario. Reason: fixed quotation levels
    Dario

Hi Stephen,

I’d just like to express my support for the ‘admin user booking on behalf of someone’ feature. This would be exceptionally useful for me!

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Shankie

Noted :). I’ll be planning 1.6 after Christmas (I’ve already got a lot of ideas / improvements on the “roadmap” ).

Presumably when creating a booking you’ll also want to fill in the custom booking forms?

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.