Mixed Time Formats

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Currently I see no way to set the overall time format to be standard (12/12) time. I see 12/12 on the lists and military must be used for setting time and is also shown on the calendar. This is very confusing to many of our organization members. It would be very helpful to have the ability to set all to 12/12 format.

Nice work.

Thanks,
    Carl

Carl

Yes a more ‘universal’ option would be more appropriate.

• For the admin calendar there is a screen option to switch between 12-hour and 24 hour times.
    • For inputting dates 24 hour time used
    • On the admin table, get_option('time_format') is used.

Perhaps an idea would be, to on activation, to use get_option('time_format') to determine the most suitable time format, and have an option in the ‘screen options’ to switch between them. Currently, 24 hour time is preferred as it is used by lot of languages (that do not have ‘am’ or ‘pm’ ) – and is thus less ambiguous.

Stephen Harris

Hi, does your answer mean that there is no way that my “full calendar” can’t be seen in 12 hour format rather than military? I can’t seem to figure out if I can change it or not. Any advice?

Nancy McIntosh
    Stephen Harris

Stephen you are torturing us! For us DUMMIES in the USA that use am and pm calendars, can you please just give us the correct short code to display the am and pm on the calendar instead of military time? PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLease!!!!!!

Rick

[eo_fullcalendar timeformat="g:ia" ] 🙂

For the admin calendar see the screen options.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.