WebHop URL Forwarding / Calendar issues

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug WebHop URL Forwarding / Calendar issues

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I cannot get the full calendar view to load on my website and wondered whether you could help?

I originally had the free version of the plug in and when I uploaded this I could get the full calendar to display without a hitch. At a later date I went on to check the page and now it never seems to finish loading. I subsequently bought the pro version to see if this would fix things and if not I could contact you about this. Its still not working- can you help?

The calendar is under the events page http://www.clydechallenger.co.uk/

I am new to JAVA and scripts etc so any code that I need to enter to correct this please tell me exactly where it needs to go.

Thanks,

Lynne

• This topic was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by  Stephen Harris.
    • This topic was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by  Stephen Harris.
    admin_challenger

I had to change the events page back to a listing of events rather than the full calendar view until you are able to help me with a solution.

admin_challenger

Hey Lynne,
    could you please make a new topic out of it? I’m not a regular support member but just a user like you. Hiding your request inside of this topic might prevent it from being seen by Stephen who designed the plugin an who’s really helpful.

At the first glance I thing that your problem is a different one and has rather to do with redirection of your pages. When you hover over the navigation the event topic has the following link:

http://lewislearningltd.co.uk/cclc/events-2/

But when you click on it the url stays allways:

http://www.clydechallenger.co.uk/

Ok I just checked that you’re using the WebHop URL Forwarding Engine. This seems to make ajax redirects and that’s the reason why the calendar doesen’t work. You can’t load foreign ajax scripts with ajax – usually this won’t work. Stop using WebHop and it’ll work as desired.
    Have you noticed that Google will still find the old navigation links? As long as they are on page Google will see them. Just google for “lewislearningltd” and you will see that WebHop is useless.

Adrian Maleska

Hi Lynne,

I split this from the original topic and changed the title (in the hope that Adrian was right about the cause). If WebHop turns out not to be the cause then I’ll rename the topic – but either way, I think this topic will be of interest to others.

If you’re able to disable WebHop, and check if the calendar now works that would be great. Otherwise you could create a password protected page, using the calendar and send me the link and password. (You can use this contact form).

Stephen Harris

I’ve moved the topic to the ‘report a bug’ forums too.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen and Adrian,

Many thanks for your suggestion I am looking into this just now.

I have set the website up in partnership with some else who has put systems in place to hide the original Lewis Learning URL that we used as the prototype site before the Clyde Challenger site launched. I realise this original URL is still there in the background and we believe this might be part of the problem, although unsure whether its specifically web hop that is causing the issue.

I’ll let you know how we get on!

Thanks again for looking into this so quickly, I really look forward to getting the calendar back up and running!

Regards,

Lynne

admin_challenger

Hi Stephen and Adrian,

It transpires that there was another plugin that was causing the problems. The calendar is working again now that plug in has been disabled.

The conflicting plugin was called ‘Gallery’ by BestWebSoft.

Thanks,

Lynne

admin_challenger

Hi Lynne,

I’ve just tested Gallery by BestWebSoft, but I wasn’t able to replicate the bug. (I activated the plug-in, created a gallery and inserted it on the same page as the calendar). I tested 4.1.5 (and did not have their Pro plug-in installed).

If you’d like to be able to use Gallery, feel free to re-install it and create a private page for me to inspect (unless you have a staging site you could use?). Otherwise there are typically two ways the calendar fails:

1. The calendar loads but no events appears
    2. The calendar does not load, and just ‘loading’ appears.

With 1 the error is typically error messages on the server corrupting the ajax response. This just means there’s a error in a plug-in/theme. It could be specific to a particular environment (e.g. php version) or a set-up (e.g. settings / combination of plug-ins). In any case viewing the ajax response in the network tab of your browser console usually reveals the source of the error. If you put define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true ) in your wp-config.php then an alert will pop-up warning you of a corruption in the ajax response.

With 2 the error is typically a javascript bug. This is typically caused by a plug-in loading its javascript files when it shouldn’t (and, without checking, tries to manipulate parts of the page which don’t exist). Or it can be caused by a plug-in/theme loading their own version of jQuery on top of WordPress’. Both of these should result in a an error message in your browser’s console.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.