Venues gives a 404 text. (Bug in last update?)

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Venues gives a 404 text. (Bug in last update?)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Evert 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I’m not sure if this is after the last update but this is what I see.

A filled-in venue without a planned event calls a 404 error text on text as a response and displays information (which is available on the admin side)

A venue with a planned event does show the planned events and no 404 error. But also the available information is not.

I recently provided venues with information that can be read on the admin side but no longer for participants. Something has changed somewhere, can that be due to the latest update?

Evert

Hi Evert,

I think this might be theme-specific, and there’s not been an update that impacts how venues work.

I’ve tried to replicate this issue, but I can’t, and unless your theme has a taxonomy-event-venue.php, it should inject the venue description even when they are no events.

(Incidentally if you create your own taxonomy-event-venue.php, you’d have complete control over the venues page).

Stephen Harris

Hello Stepehen, thank you for your input. I think I found a solution.

Evert
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.