Venues all disappeared

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AlphaSmith 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been running EO for a number of weeks. Today I was making some unrelated changes to the site:

Background image
    Header image
    Link color

When I went to the events page to ask post a question here about colors in EO, I noticed a problem with one of the events — the venue didn’t show up.

I checked the edit event page and found that ALL the events that have been previously entered on various events are gone. There isn’t even a list there anymore.

I earlier reported problem with the venue popup (it doesn’t pop up for me most of the time), but now I have no venues on any event.

Help! I can’t even RE-enter all the venues if I wanted to, because I don’t know them. :/

AlphaSmith

Well, now most of them are back. I re-entered one of the venues, added it to the appropriate events, and now it seems to be back where it was.

Odd.

AlphaSmith

Hi Alison,

That is very odd, and its not something I’ve come across before. The fact that after re-entering one venue, the rest re-appeared again suggests its probably not a corrupted database. However, its not possible for me to diagnose the problem at the moment.

If you’d like me to take a look you, can you send me FTP and admin credentials via email (if you have it), or via the contact form: http://wp-event-organiser.com/contact.

Stephen Harris

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. It wasn’t adding the missing venue that caused the others to show up again. I first noticed that the maps weren’t showing up on the single events page.

hen I looked at the events pages in the dashboard and none of those I looked at (about a dozen) had a venue listed. The field was blank.

When I attempted to RE enter the venue in the venue field, nothing showed up. In fact, when I entered a word, nothing popped up in the popup menu, instead, I got a horizontal list of spell check corrections.

I had to leave and an hour later came back to look at the issue and MOST of the events I looked at had a map/venue — even though I’d been gone and no one had accessed the dashboard. At least one event was still missing the venue, so I Re-entered that venue from scratch. After doing so, it looks like they are all back as they were.

AlphaSmith
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.