Venue matching in iCal

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Is there any way to make the import of venues from an iCal feed a little more flexible, e.g. using a regular expression? If one character is off the import creates a new venue… Thanks!

Edward Weiss

Hi Edward,

This is kind of possible. You can filter the venue array of any imported venues, and change their name so they match the appropriate existing venue:

add_filter( 'eventorganiser_ical_import_venue', function($venue, $event, $event_id, $ical){
        //change $venue['name'] so that it matches the name of an existing venue
        return $venue;
    }, 10, 4);

Stephen Harris

Thanks, Stephen.

Dumb question — what do I do with this snippet? 🙂

Edward Weiss

You can put it in theme’s functions.php, or preferably a custom plugin:

https://wp-event-organiser.com/blog/tutorial/where-should-i-put-code-from-the-tutorials/

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.