Venue, Event Categories & Event Tags Not Found

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Venue, Event Categories & Event Tags Not Found

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I’m not sure if this happened before or after the latest update, but I noticed that the results show ‘Not Found’ whenever I click on a venue, category, or tag. I installed my back up files, which is the last 1.7v, & it still says ‘Not Found’.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Jamie

Jamie

Hi Jamie – try flushing your permalink settings (simply go to WordPress’ Permalinks settings page and click update). Let me know if that solves it or not!

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the fast reply! If by update you mean ‘Save Settings’, then it didn’t work. I haven’t changed those settings or Event Organizer’s permalink settings.

The Categories, Tags, & Venues in the Events tab lists the keywords and show how many events are listed under that keyword.

Would you have anymore suggestions?

Thanks Again,

Jamie

Jamie

I mean ‘Save Changes’ on WordPress (not EO’s) permalinks settings page.

If that doesn’t work, you can try http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/monkeyman-rewrite-analyzer/

This plug-in allows you to test how WordPress interprets an url – so you’ll be able to see what WordPress thinks you want when you visiting an event category url.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

I should have clarified that I saved changes on both WP & EO even though those settings were never changed. I’ve downloaded the plugin you suggested and tested the link below.

http://streetstyleindy.com/events/venues/mackey-arena/

Pattern
    events/venues/([^/]+)/?$
    events/[^/]+/([^/]+)/?$
    (.?.+?)(/[0-9]+)?/?$

Substitution
    event-venue: mackey-arena
    attachment: mackey-arena
    pagename: events/venues/mackey-arena

What should I do with this information?

Many Thanks,

Jamie Yan

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Sorry I misunderstood your initial bug report. It seems that the url-rewrites are working as expected, but the query it not returning the expected events.

First thing would be to check that it’s not a theme/plug-in conflict. If the issue still occurs, then you can check the SQL of the query via,

add_action( 'posts_request', 'debug_post_request', 10, 2 );
    function debug_post_request( $r, $query ){
          if( current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) && $query->is_main_query() ){       
                echo '<pre>';
                print_r( $query );
                echo '</pre>';
           }
           return $r;
    }

This will print the SQL & query information – but only for admins.

Finally, are you using a custom template for the venue’s page?

Stephen Harris
    Stephen Harris
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.