URL from with a post does not work

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug URL from with a post does not work

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hollyandtheivybhx 11 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi, great bit of software keep up the good work. The issue I have is ……….. I created a event and added all the details from within your pre set form ie date, location, duration ect and all goes well. I then wanted to add a URL to point to the web site for the eventso added the text required, highlighted the text clicked the link button, entered the URL, Title, and checked the box to open in a new window and hit save and update and all appears to be good and the text in the post shows in blue as a link.

If you then look at it in a web view NOT ADNIN VIEW although the link appears in the post under the map it is shown in the standard text colour and not a hypo link and is not “clickable”.

Any sugestions would be appesiated and if you want a look at the site it can be found at http://www.tipsyfruitgins.co.uk. events and choose any of the events to see the issue.

Thanx

Paul

hollyandtheivybhx

Hi Paul,

Thanks! I had a quick look at one your events (this one) and the link appeared correctly, and took me to the Christchurch Food and Wine website. Can you confirm that the above event is having the problem you describe (- perhaps it only affects certain browsers?)

Stephen Harris

Hi,

Thanks for the e-mail much appresiated. Yes christchurch is one of the one’s in question. I have tried with both Crome and IE and the result is the same. The URL shows as greyed text and not as a blue hypalink and is not “clickable”.

Thanx

Paul

PS I assume it is working for you then ??

hollyandtheivybhx

OPPS Just logged onto the site via your link and YES !!!! it does work, but if you use this link CLICK it does not work and is GREY
    THANX
    Paul

hollyandtheivybhx

Hi Paul,

That’s because the default templates display the excerpt of the event content. If the event content were longer you would see it truncated. Excerpts strip out any links.

To display the content, simply copy the default templates into your theme (see this page). In your case you’ll need to edit the event venue template (though you may wish to similarly edit the archive and category templates – they are almost identical).

Specifically you want to change this line, so that the_excerpt() is replaced by the_content().

Stephen Harris

Stephen, Thanx for the help now works like a dream GREAT STUFF !!!!:)

hollyandtheivybhx
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.