URGENT Stripe not working – bookings incomplete

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug URGENT Stripe not working – bookings incomplete

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sharon McErlane 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

We had 3 different bookings yesterday (Jan 29) resulting in ‘incomplete’ in the bookings list, but the person involved thinks the payment went through.

When we look on our stripe account , there are no transactions since (Jan 27th).

The “New event booking” email was sent to the person managing the event, as if everything was fine.

Can you please help us out here ?
    It looks like no connection is being made to stripe….

We have event-manager-pro 3.3.9 and stripe gateway 3.0.0, wordpress 6.1.1, php 7.4.33

Does anyone else have this issue ?

Thanks

Sharon McErlane

Hi Sharon,

If you add the following to near the top of your wp-config.php:

define( 'EVENTORGANISER_DEBUG', 'debug' );

The plug-in should write logs to

/path/to/site/wp-content/eventorganiser.log

Do you get any error messages when a booking is attempted? You may also wish to enable:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', 'true' );  
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', 'true' );  

and check /path/to/site/wp-content/debug.log.

With regards to the ‘New Booking’ email, that is sent when the booking is initially made (not necessarily when payment is confirmed). The intention here is for offline payment methods. There is an option to send a email instead when the booking is confirmed (either manually or automatically when payment is made).

So it does seem, as far as the plug-in is concerned that payment is not being made. If you cannot see the payments in Stripe then would confirm that. Typically the plug-in should display an error message, but this could be a UI issue and the customer concerned doesn’t realise there’s been a problem because it’s not visible or perhaps not clear enough.

If you attempt a booking yourself do you see any error messages? Or do you see a confirmation message?

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I enabled debugging yesterday and some bookings were made successfully some failed.
    But I couldn’t find a debug.log in wp-content

Also I already noticed this error yesterday, when looking the the event, bookings.

Deprecated: Function screen_icon is deprecated since version 3.8.0 with no alternative available. in /home/grandm46/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

Deprecated: Function get_screen_icon is deprecated since version 3.8.0 with no alternative available. in /home/grandm46/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6031

In the mean time I upgraded wordpress to the latest version, just to rule that out. But it doesn’t change the above error.

I’ll double check the debug settings, as I don’t thing I have the Log entry 😉
    Will keep you posted.

Sharon McErlane

In case you hadn’t seen it, the debug define calls need to be made in wp-config.php above where it says

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Those deprecated warnings can be safely ignored (the WP_DEBUG_LOG setting should prevent those warnings being visible on the site itself)

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen,

I double checked the config file and the definitions are above that line.
    There an eventmanager log file now, but since then we haven’t had bookings yet. So its empty.

It looks more and more that everything was related to ‘user errors’, we switched from paypal to stripe in December and not everyone has adapted to that smoothly yet 😉

They seem confused about having to click on the amount button to actually pay….

I will also check with the registrar, if she would prefer to only receive emails for actual confirmed bookings. I think she reaches out to the others now to support them…

So this has lower priority for now, I hope to see another booking today or so and will be able to check the logs.

Thank you for your support

Sharon McErlane
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.