updated time zone

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When I first set up the ical sync extension, my wordpress setting was on the wrong time zone. I’ve changed it, but can’t get Event Organiser to reflect that change. I’ve deleted the plugin and addon, erased all events from the mySQL db, etc. but they are still being imported to the wrong time zone. Anywhere specific I should look to fix that?

Taylor Morgan

The date/times in the iCal feed will have their own timezone – what iCal sync will do is convert them to the timezone of your site before creating/updating the event.

Can you give me an example of how it’s displaying the wrong timezone? Can you give me an example of an iCal url you are importing?

Stephen Harris

Hi, it won’t let me reply for “security reasons”. Can you email me at ———- or give me another way to contact?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by  Stephen Harris. Reason: Email redacted
    Taylor Morgan

Hi when I try to post a link to an ical file or to my site it gives me a security warning. I understand that the ical file has a timezone, and that event organiser converts it to the timezone of the site. But I have verified that both are set to the same zone (New York / U.S. Eastern), and afterwards I have deleted all events and reinstalled the plugin. The only thing to account for the 4 hour difference is that originally my site was on a different time zone.

So, I am trying to think of where else that data might be stored.

Taylor Morgan

Hi Taylor,

I’ve just sent you an e-mail about this. My initial guess is that the timezone in the iCal feed is not being correctly recognised.

Stephen Harris

Hi, I’m having the same problem – my google calendar has the time right, but the feed is taking an hour off. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sophie

Sophie Mackley

Sophie,

What is the timezone setting of your site? Can you post a link to the feed?

Stephen Harris
    Sophie Mackley

Thanks Sophie,

I’ll look into this. Just to be clear, the WordPress site timezone is set to “London”, not UTC? The calendar, as it appears, is what I’d expect if the blog was set to UTC. Also, the timezone issue would not be fixed until the iCal feed re-syncs.

Stephen Harris

Its sorted… not 100% sure how or why as I didn’t change anything, except fetched the feeds again after your comment about re-syncing…

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for your help

Sophie Mackley

No worries, glad it’s sorted for you now.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.