Unspecified booking error using Authorize.net

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Unspecified booking error using Authorize.net

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen.

I’m fairly certain that this isn’t a bug, but I’m hoping you’ll have some insight into this issue to perhaps point us in the right direction.

Almost exactly 24 hours ago, all booking attempts started failing with no error code being specified. It seems that there may be no response coming back from Authnet. There is no indication that the card was declined — the error message is simply “( Error Code)”

We use Pro and the Authnet plugin, and I updated to the latest verso of EO about 7 hours after the issue started (I was unaware of it at the time).

Our Authorize.net account is processing transactions from other sources, just not the website that uses EO.

Thanks for you time.

–Tristan

Tristan Tamplin

Hello again.

We contacted Authorize.net, and it seems that they have updated their certificate and that this might causing the problem. In reviewing my copy of the plugin files, it looks to me like we replaced cert.pem in January 2017, I suspect for the same reason.

Just in case it helps, I’ve included some additional info that we received from Authorize.net:

You may be validating against an old certificate that we are no longer using. Our current certificate is:

Entrust Certification Authority - L1K
    AIA: http://aia.entrust.net/l1k-chain256.cer 

This information is also publically available by running an ssllabs.com/ssltest scan against our endpoints.

You might also try adjusting your current endpoint that you are posting to by making the addition of the number "2" in the posting url. for example, if you are using secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll you would want to usesecure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

I’ve grabbed their latest cert.pem from GitHub:

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php/blob/master/lib/ssl/cert.pem

and replaced the one the plugin uses, but the error persists. So perhaps the issue the endpoints?

Any assistance is very welcome. Thanks, Stephen.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 12 months ago by  Tristan Tamplin. Reason: Additional information
    Tristan Tamplin

Ok, I managed to resolve the issue. I updated the endpoint by adding a “2” as indicated above, and as it is in the current version of AuthorizeNetAIM.php found here:

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-php/blob/master/lib/AuthorizeNetAIM.php

As a sidenote — I”m not sure if you’ve been updating this plugin, but my Licence key has never been recognised, so I might not be getting notified when there are updates.

Tristan Tamplin

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for the updates to this thread. I had been trying to replicate it myself, but I think this only effects live mode.

As for the license key – even if its not validating, you should still see updates in your updates and plugins page. There hasn’t been an update for the Authorize.net plugin for while though.

I apologise that this has happened, and I hoped it hasn’t caused much inconvenience, or sales, for you. I had thought I must have missed a notification from Authorize.net but judging by this thread there wasn’t any.

I’ll release an update shortly to address this.

Many thanks again

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.