Unknown error when trying to pay with stripe add-on

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Unknown error when trying to pay with stripe add-on

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ian Smith 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I have an issue when i try to purchase event tickets. when you fill in card details i get some text saying ‘An unknown error has occurred’ .

I also get this this error line in the console log:
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Could you give me an idea on how to fix this? I was wondering if there’s a way i can factory reset the plugin settings and start again?

My PHP version is 8.0 is that helps.

Many thanks

Nathan Skelton

Hi Nathan,

My apologies for not replying sooner. You should enable WordPress and Event Organiser, by adding the following to the top of your wp-config.php

WP_DEBUG="true";
    EVENTORGANISER_DEBUG="debug";

Then check the log files in wp-content. Because this is a server error you should also find logs in the PHP log directory. The location will depend on server configurations, but typically will be in a subdirectory of the /var/log directory

Stephen Harris

I am also having issue with the Stripe extension not working and returning an unknown error.

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\StripeObject::offsetExists($k) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/StripeObject.php on line 186

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\StripeObject::offsetGet($k) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/StripeObject.php on line 196

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\StripeObject::offsetSet($k, $v) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/StripeObject.php on line 181

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\StripeObject::offsetUnset($k) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/StripeObject.php on line 191

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\StripeObject::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/StripeObject.php on line 202

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\StripeObject::jsonSerialize() should either be compatible with JsonSerializable::jsonSerialize(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/StripeObject.php on line 402

Deprecated: Return type of EventOrganiser\Stripe\Stripe\Util\Set::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/salumn/public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser-stripe/lib/Stripe/Util/Set.php on line 40

Ian Smith

The latest version of the Stripe add-on corrects this issue ( v3.0.0 )

Thanks Stephen.

Ian Smith
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.