UI text for calendar exports/subscriptions

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug UI text for calendar exports/subscriptions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Less bug, more UI text enhancement

The text for the calendar feeds suggests use of [siteurl]/feeds/eo-events/ which is a great starting point, but it might be useful to let users know that they can export/subscribe to specific event-categories by using the non-pretty-permalink structure [siteurl]/?feed=eo-events&event-category=insert-category-slug-here which seems to work nicely for me and allows subscribing calendars across event types.

Michael Wilson

You’re right. I introduced that in 1.5/1.6 but didn’t add anything to explain this. I think (need to check) that you can also, do the following:

[siteurl]/events/venue/venue-slug/feeds/eo-events

as a ‘pretty permalink’ version of an ical feed for a venue (similar with categories). Also the following might work as an ical feed for a particular event:

[siteurl]/events/event/event-slug/feeds/eo-events

(assuming events/event and events/venue permalink structure – which is the default).

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.