Tickets being duplicated

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

When I create an event and add one type of ticket, publishing/updating the event creates a duplicate of that ticket. I’m using 1.4.2 on WP 3.7.1

Thanks.

Jon Packman

I should add that after publishing or updating the event I can delete the duplicate ticket and it stays deleted. It’s only immediately after creating the ticket and publishing or updating this happens.

Jon Packman

That’s an odd error – has it only just started doing this with a recent update, or is this the first time you would have noticed the behaviour? I’ve not been able to replicate it on a test install so you would you be able provide access to your site so I can take a look at what might be causing this? You can send details via http://wp-event-organiser.com/contact.

At a guess if a plug-in hooks onto save_post and triggers that action again, then the ‘ticket update’ routine (which in this case involves creating a ticket) would be run again, thus creating a second identical ticket. So that could be the cause…

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, I’ve figured out what’s causing it. I’m using a function that adds the event date to the event slug (as I have events with the same name), and testing without this function does not duplicate the ticket.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks for your help,

Jon

Jon Packman

Hi Jon,

Great, thanks for posting that. I’ll implement a fix for that in 1.5.1 which will be released in a couple of days.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.