ticket price field not taking value …

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions ticket price field not taking value …

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alexandre Darmon 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I got an annoying problem – it’s impossible to type numbers in the price field of tickets (eo-ticket-input-price class) using the shift key : so, without a numeric keypad, you could only issue free tickets … I’m joking.
    I suppose there is a little bit of js code somewhere preventing the input (maybe in booking-form.js ?…)

I don’t know, but it would be great to have a solution, for some people (laptop people for exemple) would certainly find it a hindrance.
    Thx!

Alexandre Darmon

Hi Alexandre,

You’re right, there is a bit of JavaScript that attempts to ensure only numbers and decimal points are entered – and so I’m fairly certain this is what is causing you problems.

Do you mind me asking what keyboard / laptop you have? I’ve used many laptops without a keypad, but never any which didn’t have the numbers across the top. The plug-in has been tested on mobile devices as well.

Also, which version of Pro are you using?

Stephen Harris

Hello Stephen,

first, thank you for answering so quickly 🙂
    My pro version is 1.11.2 – it must be the latest – and the laptop is a 17′ 2011 macbook pro, but as for the experiment, the behavior is the same on any keyborad : if you try to type numbers using shift+upper key (for example & for 1), it won’t work. You can only type numbers using a keypad, or special chars (&,é,”,’,(,…), which isn’t particularly helpful ^^
    Ah, I almost forgot, these are french keyboards.
    Thank you again,

Alex

Alexandre Darmon
    Stephen Harris

Thank you very much Stephen, I’ll try this one 🙂

Alexandre Darmon

just to say in the meantime, the caps-lock trick works – what a relief – thx Stephen ^^

Alexandre Darmon

Your welcome. I’ve also implemented a fix and so there’ll be an update in the next few days.

Stephen Harris

Great! Thank you very much Stephen, good work!

Alexandre Darmon
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.