Templates no longer show maps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve just upgraded a site to 1.7 and the templates are not displaying with maps or any event information. If you look at

http://events.myturriff.co.uk/events/event/mintlaw-home-gift-fayre/

you can see it is just a post of the body of the event, no map, no venue or dates & times. It was working fine before the upgrade to 1.7, very odd. Any suggestions?

I’m running WP 3.5.1 with TwentyEleven as the template, Jetpack and Yoast WordPress SEO plugins (i’ve disabled them both just to check, but no change)

Cheers

Mike

Mike Rawlins

Hi Mike,

Do you have a single-event.php template in your theme? If so the plug-in will be use that. If not, then it should use your normal single.php template and insert the event details before the content.. But you can always copy the single-event.php template fromt he templates folder into your theme (that template includes event details etc.).

If none of that works then there are other debugging steps we can take. it is very odd though, since the plug-in was tested with various themes including TwentyEleven/Tweleve .

(Incidently, might you be using 1.7.1 – there is a bug in that which I’ll fix later – and that oculd explain whats happening)

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

the templates weren’t there, which is strange, does the upgrade remove them? I’ve copied them across in to the theme folder now and all is well again.

Many thanks

Mike

Mike Rawlins

Whenever you upgrade a WordPress plug-in, WordPress removes all existing files. Very occasionally uploading the new files may experience an error – so presumably this is what’s happened here. Glad its sorted now!

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.