Stripe – multiple charges for same booking ID

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Stripe – multiple charges for same booking ID

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SRUC Webmaster 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

We are seeing some odd issues with Event Organiser Pro and Stripe payments.

• multiple charges being taken for the same booking ID
    • “Incomplete” Booking Status for the affected booking IDs despite payment being taken

This is affecting multiple users on different devices.

Event Organiser Pro Version 3.3.9
    Event Organiser Stripe Version 2.2.3

This behaviour appears to have been introduced after upgrading from our previous Event Organiser Pro version (3.2.0). Can we safely downgrade from 3.3.9 to 3.2.0 to see whether this resolves the issue?

SRUC Webmaster

Hi yes, you should be safe to downgrade to 3.2.0. The 3.3.0 branch introduced a very minor feature change and minor bug-fixes (some which were specific to particular set-ups). In short, if you did not have issues with 3.2.0 before then it should be safe to revert.

However, given the minor changes between those versions it seems unlikely that will fix the issue.

If you put the following near the top of your wp-config.php then you should see logs written to wp-content.

define('EVENTORGANISER_DEBUG', 'debug');

This may will help determine the cause. In the meantime I will see if I can replicate this issue.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, thanks for your reply – I’ve added the debug code as suggested and downgraded the plugin and have asked the site owner to advise if the issue reoccurs.

I’ve shared a screenshot of the Stripe payments screen showing the duplicate booking IDs – https://scotrural-my.sharepoint.com/:i:/g/personal/dhealy_sruc_ac_uk/Efi-AXubyHFDk1FNbxlP3l4BhCjLRJ73oXvRBv7rSnA_Lg?e=AA4C23 (expires in 14 days)

SRUC Webmaster
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.