Stripe card expiry year select on iOS

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Stripe card expiry year select on iOS

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Shankie 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I think I’ve found a bug – when using the Stripe payment gateway, if you select the credit card expiry year field, it seems to switch focus back to the month field, meaning that it’s impossible to complete your card details on iOS. I don’t immediately know what might be causing this as I don’t see anything in the Stripe JS about this.

Also, a minor typo that I discovered (though it’s not causing me any issues): on line 55 of eventorganiser-stripe-init.js, there’s an additional ‘e’ in the class name, i.e. .eeo-booking-form…

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Shankie

Hi Stephen,

Quick follow-up: you can get the device to keep focus on expiry-year if you use iOS’s ‘next field’ navigation buttons, but it loses focus if you tap on the <select> directly. Very queer.

I’m doing a bit more investigation myself.

All the best,

Andrew

Andrew Shankie

This stackoverflow post might be on to the problem, but the suggest solution appears to not work in iOS 7

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9560259/ios-javascript-selectoption-not-populating-list-when-tapping-next

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  Andrew Shankie.
    Andrew Shankie

Hi Andrew,

There’s a bug in the mark-up. The month/year input fields have been accidentally wrapped in the same the <label>, Simply adding </label><label>, should fix the issue. I’ll release an update shortly, but in case you want to make the corrections yourself, you can edit class-eo-stripe-payment-gateway.php around line 254 (which is inside the payment_form() method).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

That did the trick. Great, thanks for the prompt reply.

Andrew

Andrew Shankie

Hi Stephen,

Is this bug sorted in the latest version of the Stripe plugin? It looks like it’s still there as far as I can tell – but I’m not 100% sure.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew Shankie
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.