Settings not accessible

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ALDO KRIEL 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello

I just purchased PRO and when I upload the plugin, click on activate and click “Settings” I get the following error

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

I am the site admin and my permissions has not changed since I created the site.

Can you please assist?

ALDO KRIEL

Hi Aldo,

Are you able to access the WordPress’ “general settings”? Can you confirm your user has “Administrator” role?

When you run the following query in your database, what do you get (change the 1 to your user ID)?

select meta_value from wp_usermeta where user_id=1 AND meta_key='wp_capabilities';

It should be:

a:1:{s:13:"administrator";b:1;}

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

I have logged with an Adminstrator role, yes! I also created a new user with an admin role, same problem.

The error occurs when I navigate to

Plugins > Installed Plugins > (scroll to event organiser pro) > Settings

Then I get

Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

I ran the DB scipt, and got the following response

a:1:{s:13:”administrator”;b:1;}

Please help!

Thanks!

ALDO KRIEL

Ok, can you access the “Settings” menu under the admin navigation menu on the right had side. You should be able to see “General” under there. Is that the case?

You should be able to see “Event Organiser” under the settings menu. If you can do you get the same error when you click that link?

If so, I might need to investigate it further – it sounds like less a permissions issue and more another plugin potentially interfering with the settings page being added.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen

The free version of the plugin works, but not the paid version. I tried to get to settings in all possible ways, no luck and reverted back to the free version.

If you want to have a look, drop me an email aldokriel at my g mail account.

Thanks

ALDO KRIEL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.