Server performance with 25 ical imports. Any way to space out imports?

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums iCal Extension Server performance with 25 ical imports. Any way to space out imports?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Clay Showalter 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’m using the ical import to pull in about 25 calendar feeds to our site. Currently have them importing every 4 hours. Because of the number of calendars, when the imports happen, I’m seeing the imports basically use all available CPU on my server while those are happening. This spike lasts for 5-15 minutes.

Is there any way to spread out the imports so that they aren’t all occurring at the same time? I’d like to reduce server load a bit, or at least spread it out, if possible.

Clay Showalter

Hi Clay,

I’d recommend installing WP Cli and triggering the feed sync via a cron job.

The plugin exposes a number of commands which are available through the WP CLI. In particulars:

wp eo ical-feed fetch <id>

You can list the feeds with

wp eo ical-feed list

Stephen Harris

thanks, this looks like it may do the trick for me.

Clay Showalter
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.