Select Hangs up in Firefox for very Large Venue List

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Frontend Submissions Select Hangs up in Firefox for very Large Venue List

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

We are using FES for the submission form for our events. Since we imported venues from another system, we have a very large list of venues. About 3000 of them. Still this works fine in Chrome. However in Firefox the “Select A Venue” dropdown hangs up making it impossible for users to submit events in Firefox. Here’s the live link where you can see this in action.

https://helpwevegotkids.com/submit-event/

Is there any way to fix this for Firefox?

One solution I was wondering was if we could have a text box where users start typing the venue of their event and the system could then fetch only the relevant venues, like Google Search suggestions. Is that feasible? Suggestions welcome…

Sadik Bhimani

Hi Sadik,

Which version of Firefox are you using? The drop-down worked fine for me. I’m using a fairly old version of Firefox: 45.0.2.

As for the auto-complete search, it is possible, but not really for the plug-in. The reason being that it requires styling by the plug-in which might conflict with the theme, or any changes existing users have made.

You could however, using jQuery autocomplete and convert the dropdown into a field that allows the user to search for the venue: https://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.