Recurring Events

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sandy Matheson 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Before rolling out on multiple church websites I’m testing to see if we can overcome issues that we’ve experienced with another WordPress plugin. The issues have all related to recurring events. One of those seems to also happen with this iCal extension and it occurs when you have a recurring event and alter the description of one of the instances in the recurring event.

I set up a series of test events in Google calendar, edited the description of one of the events (made the change to ‘only this event’ in google) and then updated the feed in WordPress. However the original description is still showing and not the edited description.

Is this an issue you know about? Are you able to fix this bug?

Many thanks

Sandy Matheson

Hi Sandy,

I’m afraid this is a limitation in Event Organiser itself in which a recurring event has the same content for each date, that is there is only page for an event.

That said, Event Organiser does provide a ‘break this occurrence’ – which technically removes the date from the recurring event and creates a new, independent, event – using the existing details of the removed date. But I will need to look into whether that is possible to implement, and whether there may be any issues that arise from that.

Stephen Harris

HI Stephen,

Thanks for the response. I’m aware that one of the issues is that the iCal feed from Google includes a separate entry for the edited event, but it continues to use the same UID as for the primary recurring event. Whilst there is a work around – delete the occurrence and enter a new one-off event with the edited details – this isn’t foolproof with different people entering data onto the primary Google calendar.

The primary issue is preventing incorrect information getting onto the website!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Sandy Matheson
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.