Provide Editor role with access to Import/Export settings

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums iCal Extension Provide Editor role with access to Import/Export settings

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Squirrelhouse 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’ve set up the Editor role to have full permissions access to Events and am using a plugin to change the backend menu items they can see. I want the Editor role to be able to access the Event Import/Export settings so they can manage iCal/ICS. I would be happy to move the whole Event Organiser Settings from the Settings menu to the Events menu.
    How should I proceed please?

Squirrelhouse

Hi David,

Managing iCal subscriptions requires the manage_options privilege. You could give that to your editors, but that would effectively make them admins.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for coming back on this. It would be good to have the option to hive off the iCal/ICS management to Editors. I wouldn’t want to extend access to Settings beyond that.

I’ve made a temporary fix by changing manage_options to edit_others_pages in
    /event-organiser/event-organiser-settings.php and
    /event-organiser-ical-sync/event-organiser-ical-sync.php

This provides access to only change the iCal/ICS tab settings. Editors can see the other tabs but can’t change anything.

I’ll hope you make a change in future to extend access to that tab 🙂

Thanks
    David

Squirrelhouse
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.