Problems with widgets and events posts

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Problems with widgets and events posts

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 11 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

Sorry to be a pain and apologies if I’m just doing something stupid (which is quite possible).

I’m having bother trying to get the events calendar to work properly. I’ve put the calendar and the basic list of events in my right sidebar as widgets. Aesthetically, it’s all great but it doesn’t seem to be functioning properly.

When I click on the links to direct the widget calendar to next month or the previous month it doesn’t work; Instead, it simply takes me to the front page of my WordPress site.

Additionally, the links in the events list don’t work. They just take me to a blank website page with the header from my WordPress site but no sidebar, widgets etc.

I tried enabling/disabling templates but it didn’t do any good. Quite honestly, I have no idea what I’m doing.

Can you please advise me how to fix this? Be kind and don’t call me a fool.

Thanks very much for your help.

Kit

Hi Kit,

Not a stupid question at all. This sounds like the javascript for the widget calendar isn’t working. This could be a theme-related issue, or if you’re running 1.8.3 – it could be a bug (so make sure you’ve updated 🙂 ).

As for the widget calendar, see the FAQ and if the steps there can help.

Regarding the ‘blank pages’ – this is a very odd issue – could you share a link to your site so I can have a look?

Stephen Harris
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.