PHP7 compatability

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

Hope you’re well.

I’m looking to upgrade some of my sites to PHP7, but linting tools show EO failing in a number of areas:

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/classes/class-eventorganiser-shortcodes.php</h2>

<h2>FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE</h2>

<h2> 1 | WARNING | File has mixed line endings; this may cause incorrect results</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/event-organiser-calendar.php</h2>

<h2> 1 | WARNING | File has mixed line endings; this may cause incorrect results</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-ajax.php</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-utility-functions.php</h2>

<h2>FOUND 2 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 3 LINES</h2>

1 | WARNING | File has mixed line endings; this may cause incorrect results
    414 | ERROR | ‘clone’ is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)

<h2> 415 | ERROR | ‘clone’ is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-install.php</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-event-functions.php</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/event-organiser-cpt.php</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/includes/deprecated.php</h2>

<h2>FILE: /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/event-organiser/event-organiser-debug.php</h2>

<h2>FOUND 2 ERRORS AFFECTING 2 LINES</h2>

156 | ERROR | Extension ‘mysql_’ is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0 – use mysqli instead.

<h2> 539 | ERROR | Extension ‘mysql_’ is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0 – use mysqli instead.</h2>

Most of it looks pretty minor. Do you have any plans to support PHP7?

cheers

Andrew Shankie

Hi Andrew,

Sorry I thought I had replied to this thread. Someone has since asked a similar question, so I’ll just link to that thread instead: http://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/php-7/#post-24670

Stephen Harris

To add to my comment on the other thread, all the errors are false-positives.

The warnings are all inconsequential – I believe they are warnings because they may effect the competency of the scan, not the actual running.

As I’ve said on the other thread. Event Organiser is compatible with PHP 7.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.